- gbXML elects new Board of Directors including Amir Roth from DOE, Nathan Kegel from IES, and Todd Gottshall from Taylor Engineering
- gbXML releases version 5.01 of gbXML.
- New gbXML advisory board formed consisting of consortium of software development firms.
- gbXML is incorporated as a California public non-profit with the official name: Open Green Building XML Schema, Inc.
- The gbXML.org website was launched to better promote the schema.
- The first version of the gbXML schema was published in June of 2000.
- Development of Green Building XML started by Green Building Studio, Inc. Development was funded by the California Energy Commission PIER Program, Pacific Gas and Electric, and Green Building Studio.